The TerraMedia Manifesto
We are very fortunate to work in a world where we have the ability to influence the behaviours of literally billions of users all over the globe across various marketing and automation platforms. As stewards of these platforms, we will do everything in our power to safeguard them for the benefit of our customers, ourselves and the world.
We only work with customers whose primary aim is the betterment of humankind in some way. These companies have a very specific “why” – a company vision which is larger than themselves.
Our objective is not just to “sell products”, rather it’s to grow our customer’s businesses faster than they can on their own using marketing automation to do it. While at the same time, spreading the word of their products and services for the betterment of the world.
As marketers, we have the power to influence enormous portions of the world’s population on any given day, and we take this very seriously. As Uncle Ben once told Peter Parker, with great power comes great responsibility.
Our Core Values
- We believe that the customer isn’t always right. However, we reserve the right to determine who’s right and who’s wrong.
- We believe that it is better to give than to receive.
- We believe in connection, full disclosure, open communication and transparency in all things we do.
- We aim to “under-promise and over deliver” and never over-promise and under deliver. At bare minimum, we deliver as promised.
- We always, without exception “do what we say and say what we do”.
- We completely believe that the key to our success is “being ourselves” and not trying to be someone or something we are not.
- When at a crossroads, we believe in asking one simple question: is this the right thing to do?
- We believe that it’s better to be:
- humble than haughty,
- confident than cocky,
- self-effacing than self-absorbed,
- proactive than reactive,
- copious than careless,
- mindful than negligent,
- scrupulous than dishonest,
- hungry than contented,
- collaborative than confrontational,
- innovative than traditional,
- macro than micro,
- creative than uninspired,
- solution-oriented than problem-centric,
- independent than dependent,
- exceptional than expected and,
- extraordinary than ordinary.
- We believe that if we are going to do something, we must do it with the goal of being the best in the world at it…otherwise, what’s the point?
- We also believe that there’s only ONE way to do something: doing things with all our might and to the absolute BEST of our ability…because we simply couldn’t imagine doing it any other way.
The TerraMedia Customer Profile
- Who we work with:
- Customers who have awesome, life-changing, transformative products or services…but most of the world doesn’t know it yet…
- Customers who we truly like being with (cool and probably a tad quirky)…
- Customers who have the same kinds of morals (honest and open) and values (lots of integrity) as we do.
- Customers who treat us with respect.
- Customers who have realistic expectations for return on our services.
- Customers whose products/services we believe in and/or are highly passionate about…if we don’t believe in or aren’t passionate about your products and services, then why bother?
- Who we don’t work with:
- Customers who are assholes. We like honesty and directness, but there is a line and don’t tolerate customers who cross it.
- Customers who have poor or non-existent communication skills. It just won’t work.
- Customers who are control freaks and don’t allow us to do what we do best. If you restrict us from doing our job properly, you won’t get the result you want so there is no point working together.
- Customers who have an unrealistic expectation for return on our services.
- Companies who have deceptive, scammy, low-quality products or services. We are the final judge and jury as to which is which.
- Customers who force customers to purchase based on deceptive sales tactics (see “scammy products” above).
To that end, we help businesses grow faster with marketing automation. We help grow businesses that already exist, we don’t create them.
The TerraMedia Ideal Customer Profile Avatar
A customer who has a minimum $1,000/month digital marketing spend that is experimenting with marketing automation platforms like SharpSpring, Mailchimp, Pardot, Vcita or Hubspot and who meets the “who we work with” profile above. Ideally this would be an eCommerce or digital products company looking to grow their business with marketing automation, or a member-based business such as RSL Clubs, Golf Clubs, Bowling Clubs and similar looking to increase their member engagement with marketing automation.