Ever needed a PayPal API signature to receive payments through your website? Normally this is only needed if you plan to use PayPal’s Express Checkout instead of the standard checkout, and the process to get your API signature can be a little confusing if you don’t know where to look. You can get them in just a few clicks, here’s how:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the “Profile” tab in the “My Account” menu.
- Click “My Selling Tools” in the “My Profile” menu on the left.
- Click “Update” beside the “API Access” heading.
- Select “Option 2”, “Request API Credentials”.
- Select the first radio box, “Request API Signature”.
- Click “Agree and Submit”.
You will now be shown your API signature, this includes an API username, API password and signature. You will need all 3 of these to connect your website to PayPal and make use of the Express Checkout.
If you need assistance with this process or with configuring a website to use PayPal Express Checkout, please contact us today to discuss your needs.